Thursday, April 7, 2011

Netflix: The beginning

Finally, we've caved and gotten Netflix. I like movies. I always write down movies that I need to watch/want to watch, and this time, I've put a heck of a lot of movies in my Netflix queue. So this is just basically my reactions to the movies or shows that I watch as they come in (and rest assured that I will have forgotten what I placed in my queue, so each and every movie/show will be a surprise to me). We signed up for Netflix two days ago, and the first movie that we got is Ponyo, which is a Studio Ghibli film. I put this movie in my queue because there are two other movies from that studio that I enjoy: Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. This movie essentially centers around a young boy who finds a small fish that he renames Ponyo. She becomes human and the two children have an adventure. (And somewhere along the way, Ponyo releases some prehistoric fish/creatures). Unless Ponyo returns to the ocean, the world's balance will be thrown off and essentially, the moon will crash into the earth. Something like that. Let me just say that I thought that the story was a bit wackadoo. I'm just glad that my first Studio Ghibli movie was Spirited Away (and this tends to be the standard to which I compare the other films). The things I liked about the film: voices (Tina Fey, Liam Neeson, Cate Blanchett); the animation

No comments:

Post a Comment